Thursday, November 02, 2006

Regional Director - Microsoft Australia

After a few weeks conversations, meeting some folks in Redmond and some paper work being passed back and forth I can now gladly announce that I am to be joining Dr. Greg Low and Adam Cogan as a Regional Director for Microsoft Australia.
Frank Arrigo has of course beaten me to blog this.

I have some ideas about what this new role will bring, but will be sure to keep you updated over the coming months as to what it means to be an RD.

Overall I am super happy, it means a great deal to have this kind of recognition of my work in the Microsoft developer space.

Update: A number of people have been asking if this means I am no longer an MVP or if I am now 'employed' by Microsoft. The answer is no. I am still a Windows Live Developer MVP and I am not what 'softies call an FTE (full time employee) or a Blue Badge. You can find out more about the Regional Director program here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Neil!

Anonymous said...

Congats, Neil!
All the best with this move!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dr Neil! I know the RD means significant recognition from Microsoft.

Anonymous said...

Well done Dr Neil.

Hugo Gaston Ortega said...

Well done Star; you deserve it, and are a true ambassador to us downunder!

Andrew Webster said...

Far out! I saw your Agile Development evangelist show in Brisbane about a year ago (allelujah!!) and I've been beating folks over the head with Agile ever since! It's a huge step forward for dragging the software development industry into the 21st century to have you as an RD. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Neil! Like Andrew I attended your Agile Development training session in Brisbane last year.

Anonymous said...

Hey Neil,

Congrats !!!.

Ravi from Canberra

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dr Neil. I have been watching your career successes pile-up since I first pair-programmed with you at Citect. Wow! One of only three Regional Directors in Australia. Just one more and your team can do pairing and swapping like you taught us.

Andrew, You talk about beating folk over the head and dragging the industry. Fine sentiments, but you need first learn from Dr Neil the art of infiltrating management before really letting fly with those jackboots.

Dr. Neil said...

Thanks for all the kind words. I have been flooded with emails. It is great to hear from you all.
I have been in Las Vegas speaking at DevConnections this week so expect some more news on this in the next week or so...