Sunday, February 04, 2007

Book Review: The Mind Gym

The Mind Gym, Wake Up Your Mind
By Octavius Black and Sebastian Bailey

I read this book in two phases, I read the first half in Europe in the summer of 2006, I found the contents interesting, the style mildly amusing and the pace too slow. Six months later in Sydney I picked the book up again and raced through the second half, hardly believing it to be the same book. This book is about changing your state of mind to better deal with situations and improve your opportunities.

Upon finishing this book I reflected on why it had appeared slow going when I started reading it and seemed fast paced and witty the second time around; my conclusion is that this book requires energy from the reader. My mind was more distracted when I was in Europe, working on other projects and constant traveling. The second time around I was ready to read the book and learn from the lessons presented. Books like this require active reading, if you feel you have the energy to actively read this book, you will be rewarded.
While the author's names (especially Octavius) may sound like the baddies in a Harry Potter novel they are obviously smart, forward thinking people who wish to share their knowledge.

I give this book 8 out of 10

Full review here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.